Mouth Guards Near You
Mouth guards are worn to protect your upper teeth as well as the surrounding gums and soft tissue to reduce the risk of dental injury during sports participation. Custom sports mouth guards made by your dentist in Palm Beach Gardens are molded to fit the structure of your teeth. A custom-made mouth guard ensures that when a blow to the face occurs, the forces are evenly distributed between your teeth and soft tissue, significantly reducing your risk of dental injury.
About Night Guards
A night guard is a device worn to prevent bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching). This device is designed to avoid wear and tear caused by constant, subconscious grinding that occurs at night while you are asleep.
Treatment for TMJ disorders commonly involves the use of a night guard. When worn at night, this dental appliance positions your jaw in a way that reduces stress on the muscles of the face and neck and protects tooth enamel.
Do You Have TMJ Disorder?
If you answer “yes” to the following questions and suffer from TMJ disorders, schedule a consultation with your dentist in Palm Beach Gardens.
- Do you grind or clench your teeth unconsciously while you are asleep?
- Are the muscles around your jaw stiff?
- Do you suffer from frequent headaches and neck pain?
- Do you hear clicking or popping when you open your mouth?
- Is it hard or painful to open your mouth wide when you eat or yawn?
- Do you have arthritis in other joints?
- Did your teeth stop touching when your mouth is closed?
Benefits of Custom Mouth Guards
Custom mouth guards are designed to last; they are very durable and do not lose their shape when properly cared for. Interested in mouth guards near you? Habashy Dental offers mouth-guards in Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418. Schedule an appointment today with your dentist to discuss custom-mouth guards.