Root Canal Treatment Near You
Root canal therapy is a safe and effective treatment for teeth with an infected pulp or inflamed. During this treatment, your dentist in Palm Beach Gardens will remove the injured or infect pulp from inside the tooth. Your dentist will clean, disinfect, shape, and seal the tooth to prevent future infection. Successful treatment will prevent the need for tooth extraction. Keeping your tooth means your adjacent teeth will not shift out of alignment and cause jaw problems. When you save a natural tooth, you will not need to replace it with an artificial one.
Maintaining and caring for your oral health is crucial for your overall well being. An effective way to prevent root canal treatment is to have a proper oral hygiene routine. This includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily on top of visiting your dentist regularly. Contact our dental office today to request a consultation for root canal treatment in Palm Beach Gardens.
The Root Canal Procedure
Root canal treatment near you can take one or two appointments to complete. The process includes the following steps:
1. Your dentist will administer a local anesthetic (freezing).
2. To protect your tooth from the bacteria in your saliva during the procedure, your dentist will place a rubber dam around the treated tooth.
3. Your dentist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418 will create an opening in your tooth to access the root canal system and the damaged pulp.
4. Your dentist will remove the pulp using very fine dental instruments; this involves cleaning and enlarging the root canal system.
5. Once the canal has been cleaned, your dentist will fill and seal the opening of your tooth with a temporary or permanent filling.
Your tooth may be tender for one to two weeks following root canal treatment.
Looking for root canal therapy near you? Habashy Dental offers root canal therapy in Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418.