If you are looking to reinvigorate your smile that is tainted by discoloration, in-office teeth whitening can provide results that are visible immediately. Today, professional teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure in the world. Unlike at-home systems, in-office whitening takes place under carefully monitored conditions. This allows for the safe, controlled, pain-free use of a relatively high concentration of bleaching gel. Your dentist in Palm Beach Gardens can whiten your teeth by as many as eight shades in a single appointment. Continue reading to learn more about this effective and efficient treatment.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
- Faster results
- Safest form of bleaching
- Gum and tooth sensitivity prevention
What Does the Procedure Involve?
The following steps are free from pain and discomfort:
- Your dentist will insert a cheek retractor into the mouth, exposing all the teeth that are visible when you smile known as the “esthetic zone teeth.”
- They will paint a hardening resin onto your gum tissue or a liquid rubber dam. This protects them from irritation caused by the bleaching gel.
- Next, a bleaching gel that contains hydrogen peroxide is applied to your teeth and kept on for approximately 15 to 30 minutes.
- The bleaching gel on your teeth is then suctioned or washed off and reapplied for a period of 15 to 30 minutes.
- A light unit may be used to activate the bleaching gel.
- Your dentist will check your teeth between applications to determine how well they have whitened and whether more bleach is required.
- Lastly, the cheek retractors are removed after the final gel application, and you will rinse your mouth.
Looking for teeth whitening near you? Habashy Dental offers teeth whitening in Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418. Teeth whitening can dramatically improve your appearance and boost your self-confidence. Contact our dental office in Palm Beach Gardens to schedule your appointment today!